Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Gefen Forums
 KVM Switch
 2x1 SL DVI Switcher-usb problem on Windows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

transer
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2006 :  06:51:21  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

I'm having a bit of a problem, and I'm kind of stymied as to what to try next. I have a 2x1 DVI SL switcher. Machine 1 is a Mac Mini, Machine 2 is a home built PC running XP SP2. Attached to the KVM is a 20' Apple Display, a Viewsonic keyboard, and a Logitech mouse. On the Mac, everything works just fine. However, when I'm using Windows, the mouse has a tendency to disconnect. Sometimes it will reconnect after a second or two, other times I have to switch the KVM to the Mac, then switch back to Windows to reconnect the mouse. I have tried switching ports on the KVM (both which machine is 1 and 2, and which usb ports the keyboard and mouse are connect to), and I've tried replacing the mouse, but the problem is consistent.

Anyone have a clue what to try next? This is driving me looney.....

Sam

Aaronm

170 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2006 :  16:46:20  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You should try a DVI Detective.

Aaron Mathis
Technical Support Level 1
Gefen Inc
818-884-6294 x233
800-545-6900 x233
aaronm@gefen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Gefen Forum © Gefen Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000