Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Gefen Forums
 Component or VGA conversion to DVI or HDMI
 Why wont my VGA to HDMI work properly?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kickboxer88888
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2007 :  20:55:45  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I bought a "Component Audio to HDMI Adapter" ( http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3569 ). I tried hooking up my laptop that has a VGA port on the side, to the component adapter and whenever I press the FN + F4 button, a small portion of my laptop screen appears on my tv and it's blue and wavey.... Why isn't it working properly? I thought this device was a VGA to HDMI converter. I also have a VGA to VGA connection going from my laptop to the device.

n/a
deleted

1331 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  08:50:09  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Well the deal is that the Component to HDMI Adapter is not a scaler. It simply converts the signal. Meaning that whatever rez your outputting from your laptop, your HDTV will have to accept that through your HDMI input. If it doesnt, that would explain your problem. HD resolutions are different than computer resolutions due to their different timings.

You have to be able to output something that the t.v. understands like 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, etc. You can use a program called powerstrip that will convert the resolutions for you. Go to download.com and search for it their. If not this product is the one you will need http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=4341.

Anthony Cortez
Tech. Support
818.884.6294 xt 263
800.545.6900 xt 263
anthony@gefen.com
Go to Top of Page

kickboxer88888
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  18:31:46  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
So with this device I can convert my analog VGA signal into a DVI signal and then from there buy a DVI to HighDef (red, green and blue) cord to hook up to my tv?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1331 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  08:03:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
With the device I recommended, you can take in your VGA source and get a DVI to HDMI cable to connect to your T.V.

Anthony Cortez
Tech. Support
818.884.6294 xt 263
800.545.6900 xt 263
anthony@gefen.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Gefen Forum © Gefen Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000